- Individual or group classes on demand: 01/06 - 15/07
- Individual or group classes on demand: 10/09 - 31/10
- Rhythm and Dance workshops (Sunday through Friday): 17/10 - 22/10
From Sunday to Friday, 6 days of morning classes (changes on to the afternoon may occur),
3 hours per day at least!
According to availability Simone Mongelli (body percussion & live percussion accompaniment) will teach workshops together with Isabella (dance teacher) or particular weeks workshops may be focused mainly on dance by adding live music by Cretan musicians.
See in this page all the detailed information about the "Rhythm and Dance" workshop, and check out the Extras page to learn more about the other opportunities of the week.
Courses' languages: English, German, Italian, Greek, French and Spanish!
Rhythm and Dance - The material
Greek dance is a beautiful and joyful way of moving. Mainly danced in circle, the single dancer is not necessarily focussed but supported by the whole circle and gives timid participants confidence and courage. Greek dance helps education in body awareness, agility and body condition: a therapy for body and mind!
Due to the location of the workshop, a great attention will be given to Cretan dances, but in general rhythms and dances from all over Greece will be taught, including areas that do not belong anymore to the Greek state, but have left a great and still alive cultural heritage, such as Asia Minor, Cappadocia, Pontus. Moreover, Greek musical and choreutic language is very rich and varied from region to region.
Rhythm and Dance - Details & Costs
The course is held on a week-base (starting on Sunday), and is organized as follows:
- Saturday: arrival, first meeting, accommodation in room
- Sunday to Friday: morning classes, with free time for relaxing or optional extras
- Saturday: leaving after breakfast
Every workshop module includes:
- Suggestions for self-treatment of latent feet and back problems
- Small historical/ethnographic introduction to the different areas of Greece and their traditions
- Rhythm work (with Body percussion work when available)
- Dance learning
OTHER ACTIVITIES (included)
- Shuttle from room to House Kavouri and vv.
- Shuttle and animation with live music and dance in nearby tavernas (every Wednesday at "Galini" tavern, Souda beach, and other days upon availability)
6 days course - intensive course: 310€ - bookings of single days are also possible, upon prior agreement.
5 days course: 260€
5 days course, with massage: 290€ (laundry, benches, massage oil included)
We help you booking your room, studio or hotel at Souda beach or if preferred in Plakias.
Average prices: 30-35 € for single room, 40-45 € double room, some flats available too.
Accommodation is payed directly to the landlord by the tenant.
Rich buffet, served everyday at "House Kavouri", from 8.30 to 9.30 am, with daily fresh orange juice, fresh local products as yoghurt, cheese, fruits and raw vegetables, local herbal teas and honey, a big variety of self-made jams, and much more!
Cost: 6.50€ per day.
Notes: - If you are interested in a different program, or do not need accommodation, contact us to arrange a custom program.
⇒ Visit the dedicated page for details about extras ⇐